A new brow trend is hitting this season! Yes, you guessed it right- It’s the “Ombre Powder Brows.” The popularity of thicker beautiful brows has always been in the buzz. Right from simple brow shaping techniques to advanced microblading, there are many brow styles that have created a trend. One such brow trend which is up for this year 2023 is Ombre Powder brows. Apart from being a trendsetter, Ombre Powder brows have many other benefits for busy beauties which is worth it.
Ombre brows, also known as Powdered Brows, are a semi-permanent eyebrow styling technique that creates a soft shaded brow pencil look. This amazing technique, first developed in Asia, has been around for decades and has been gradually improving over the years. It gives great definition & depth to the eyebrows. It is particularly recommended for women with oily skin or combination skin or anyone who fills in their brows regularly with pencil or shadow.
When it comes to permanent and semi-permanent makeup, we have all heard of microblading, the semi-permanent tattoo technique used to create the illusion of fuller, beautiful brows. The popularity of microblading quickly surged due its hyper-realistic effect. Thousands and thousands of women around the world opted for this amazing procedure. However, not everyone is suited for Microblading Services. Women with large pores & oily skin are not good candidates for microblading because the color doesn’t show up well & can look blurry. Oily skinned beauties should opt for ombre brows.
In this blog, we shall provide a sneak peek into all you need to know about Ombre Powder Brows and help you to create it too. This is for all the brow lovers who like to experiment with trend brows with a passion for overall stylish looks. If you are new to brow styles, FRET NOT! We are here to help you with some exciting brow trends as well. Let’s begin the brow magic!
What are Ombre Powder Brows?
Ombre Powder Brows is a semi-permanent or permanent stylish brow technique to create a soft look for brows with a shaded appearance for realistic brows. This brow trend was first introduced in Asia a decade ago. Over the years, this brow trend has taken over the beauty industry due to its natural real looks.
Who is the best candidate for Ombre Powder Brows?
The best candidate for Ombre Powder Brows are as follows-
- Women with oily skin
- Women with genetically thin brows
- Women with extreme to moderate light skin undertones
- Women desiring fuller-looking fluffy brows
How did Omber Powder Brows come into existence?
The origination of Ombre Powder Brows has its own history and story As per research, it has been noted that women with large pores and oily skin care are not considered as best candidates for microblading which is one of the most eyebrow styling techniques.
The reason behind this is the lack of definition and depth for eyebrows in oily skin women. In such cases, opting for Ombre Powder Brows works best for oily-skinned beauties. Many oily skinned beauties are recommended Ombre Powder Brows. This had definitely made a brow trend among many other beauties as well.
Top 7 Benefits of Omber Powder Brows
Here are the main benefits of Omber Powder Brows.
- It is a semi-permanent eyebrow styling technique that gives you the liberty to experiment with trendy brow looks in future
- Its quick and hassle-free brow styling technique
- It is suited to all skin types and is highly recommended for oily-skinned beauties
- It provides more definition and depth to the brow with the realistic natural look
- It is a less invasive and painless procedure
- It does last longer, usually up to 3-5 years
- It is a must recommended for busy beauties as it saves time and money involved in daily brow make-up
Steps involved in the procedure for Ombre Powder brows
The basic steps involved in the Ombre Powder brows procedure as follows-
Step 1: Consultation with your PMU artist or brow specialist.
Step 2: Prepping up for Ombre Powder brows technique with perfect cleanse to remove all the makeup.
Step 3: Brow Mapping for perfectly symmetrical identical natural brows.
Step 4: Refining for the best-finished brow looks to eliminate the extra brow hair which sticks out.
Step 5: Best color selection to match the skin and hair tone for next brow pigmentation brows
Step 6: Brow filling with feather-like strokes to make them look fluffy and natural.
Step 7: Allow the natural healing process with aftercare
After care for Ombre Powder Brow
The aftercare for Ombre Powder brows are as follows-
- Allow your brows to heal for a week
- Prevent them from getting wet. If this happens so, gently pat with clean dry facial tissues
- Avoid sweating and swimming. Keep such activities as bay for 1 week
- Use a clean pillowcase to avoid any dirt and grime
- Avoid any skincare treatments for 1 week like facials, microdermabrasion or any chemical treatments.
- Keep away from direct sunlight which is harsh between 10 am to 4 pm
- Avoid long hot showers for 1 week which may fade the brow color.
- Do not use eyebrow makeup for 1 week until fully healed.
- Do not scratch your brows and avoid touching them frequently.
- Avoid sunscreen for 1 week and wear a skin hat if you have to step out in the sun.
- Try to avoid using makeup on your face for 1 week. This will lessen the use of make-up remover.
The Ombre Powder Brows results are very positive and exciting! You will love flaunting your brows. Get ready to showcase the beautiful aspect of your brows by creating a new trend this season 2023 with Ombre Powder Brows. Set your brows into the groove to recreate magic!
Which brow trend should I opt for? Ombre Powder Brows V/s Microblading
The main difference between the two techniques of Ombre Powder Brows and microblading is the technique involved in brow styling. Both are semi-permanent brow styling techniques. However, microblading involves pigment deposition while Ombre Powder Brows is considered less invasive with more natural looks. Your permanent make-up artist or brow specialist is the right person to guide you which option would suit you the best.
Is the Ombre Powder Brows technique painful?
As per the protocol, your PMU artist will definitely use a topical anesthetic to ensure a painless procedure. However, the level of pain may differ for each person depending on the skin sensitivity, and brow specialist expertise. It is recommended to opt for the best PMU artist for Ombre Powder Brows.
How long do Ombre Powder brows last?
Ombre Powder brows may usually last for 3-5 years. However, a regular touch up and follow-up with your brow specialist will allow more positive and long lasting results. Other factors that affect the longevity of Ombre Powder brows are lifestyle, makeup, sun exposure, skin issues, or skin care products quality.